POWERED BY PRECISION
Keane Engineering began operations in March 2017 in Uganda with a core goal of providing the best equipment quality & support solutions across Africa. Keane is an ISO/IEC17025:25 accredited company with experienced and competent technical staff to carry out accredited calibrations of analytical, pharmaceutical, electromechanical, civil engineering, veterinary, medical, industrial, and forensic equipment. We are the first Ugandan ISO/IEC17025:2917 accredited private company in the sector.
We also do supply, installation, training, servicing, repair of scientific equipment and air conditioners. We supply chemicals, consumables, and reagents. We do quality management training based on ISO standards in addition to documenting, reviewing, and generating internal audits.
To be the best design and print service provider in the prints industry by delivering timely, superior finishes using the latest technologies.
To consistently maintain quality, impartiality, professional ethics and integrity, timely services and continuous improvement of all our services
- Professional Ethics & Integrity
- Continuous Improvement
- Timely Services
Quality Policy & Objectives
The laboratory’s quality policy is to provide both timely service and low-cost services with the highest standards of performance and reliability. Our team environment is centered on satisfying client requirements in order to provide a service of exceptional value. This level of quality is achieved through the adoption of a Quality Management system that meets the requirements of ISO/IEC17025:2017 and reflects the competence of the Laboratory to the customers and provincial, federal and international authorities.
The Management is committed to providing the resources needed to maintain the Laboratory quality system, meet Laboratory policies and objectives, and meet customer requirements. The Laboratory Management is directly responsible for providing organization and support, equipment and facilities, and training and education of all employees and that appropriate resources are available to carry out work as per our contract agreements. The methodology used, qualifications and training of personnel engaged in testing are all documented in the laboratory procedures. Activities include calibration, installation, training, supply, repair, and maintenance of various medical, pharmaceutical, and other scientific equipment. These are carried out using internally standardized methods.
The Laboratories Quality objectives are:
- To maintain an effective Quality Assurance System complying with the requirements of ISO 17025:2017
- To provide competitive services with the highest standards of performance and reliability, thus enhancing the Laboratory’s reputation with customers
- To meet the Laboratory quality objectives and ensure compliance with relevant customers, statutory and regulatory requirements
- To endeavor at all times to maximize customer satisfaction and value
- To proactively promote and encourage a culture of continuous improvement within the laboratory
- To continuously maintain a high level of integrity, impartiality, and confidentiality at all times
It is the responsibility of all staff to familiarize themselves with the contents of the Quality Management System and comply with the policies and procedures laid down in it at all times. Achievement of this policy involves all staff being individually responsible for the quality of their work, resulting in continual improvement. This policy is provided and explained to each employee by the Operations Director.
Quality & Impartiality Policy
KET Management commits itself to establish, Implement and maintain a qualitymanagement system designed to ensure that the Calibration services it offers are fit for their intended purposes in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 international standard.
Further, the company states its commitment to meeting and exceeding customer stated and implied needs impartially, through a process of continual improvement of its services, processes, and the quality system.
The management of KET fully understands the importance of impartiality in undertaking its calibration activities and shall not allow commercial, financial, or other pressures to compromise impartiality.
This commitment shall be achieved through:
- Determination and demonstration of compliance to the needs and expectations of our customers as well as statutory and regulatory obligations without bias or
- Identification of risks to impartiality that arise from its activities, relationships or relationships of personnel on an ongoing basis and institute effective risk
- Allocation of adequate resources and provision of the necessary information required for appropriate management of the interrelated processes and activities throughout the organization.
- Commitment to the company’s confidentiality arrangements ensures that no staff undertakes calibration activities where conflict of interest exists or is unresolved.
- Reviews of the performance and continuing suitability of the management system with a view to enhancing customer satisfaction and ensuring continual improvement.
- Calibration certificates and reports are only issued after review by a competent member of management who shall ensure that no interest shall predominate.
- All decisions taken shall be out of mutual agreement or understanding and no biased decisions shall be taken rather objective ones.
Quality Health Safety & Environmental Policy
Keane Engineering Technologies shall commit and ensure the Quality of its services, the Health & Safety of its Employees, Clients, Visitors, and the community at large and protect the physical environment in which all its activities are carried out.
The Management and Staff of KET shall:
- Ensure that our service meets the needs and expectations of our clients in terms of quality:
- Develop and implement an Integrated Management System conforming to
- Ensure the availability of personal, financial, and human resources necessary to mitigate the adverse impact of its operations on HSE;
- Undertake reviews to measure QHSE performance against identified objectives and targets and continually improve the system;
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of our staff and the protection of our assets;
- Comply with or exceed all relevant Quality, Environment, Health, and Safety legal laws, regulations, and other requirements;
- Identify the hazards in the production facility, assess the risks, and manage those risks in order to reduce adverse on HSE;
- Periodically review the suitability, adequacy, and prevent pollution, minimize
consumption of materials, promote reuse and recycling of wastes, and adopt the best practice on waste management;
- Strive to achieve continual improvement of the QHSE management system and related performance;
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health;
- Provide appropriate training to employees where applicable;
- Ensure that the company’s QHSE policy is well communicated to all quarters concerned.